Male & Female
About This Course(Online)
Our assertiveness courses are for those who are in business or a leadership role or who aspire to be and would like to improve their self-confidence, constructive communication skills or deal more confidently with difficult people or situations.
The Course will be delivered over 2 - 90 minute sessions via Zoom
Wednesday 17th & 24th November - 1pm - 230pm
Online Course description
This assertiveness workshop explores the concept and practice of confidence and assertiveness in comparison with other, less supportive behaviours.
By gaining a thorough understanding of what confidence and assertiveness means, and what it doesn’t, participants will learn how to apply assertive thinking and behaviours which benefit themselves and enhance their relationships with others around them, and explore the impact on leadership.
Participants have the opportunity to practise the skills in a relaxed and informal way with expert coaching and guidance from the trainer and feedback from other participants.
Numbers are limited to ensure everyone has maximum opportunities to receive assistance and coaching from the trainer.
At the end of the Confidence and assertiveness training programme participants will be able to:
- Understand the differences between Assertive, Aggressive and Passive behaviour and choose their own response when faced with each.
- Negotiate solutions to problems with others more effectively by using a range of assertiveness techniques.
- Understand more about behaviour and motivation and how to cope with challenging situations and people.
- Say ‘No’ more effectively and without being seen as uncooperative.
- Identify the best approach to use when voicing ideas and opinions to colleagues, clients, partners, those managing and in senior roles.
- Deal with criticism, confrontation, anger, and negativity effectively and positively
- Overcome feelings of apprehension and understand the importance of language and body language to assertiveness
- Develop techniques for better working relationships using assertiveness
Online Course requirements
There are no prerequisites to this course and would benefit those who are ready to develop their confidence, leadership and assertiveness skills.
The course is a virtual course delivered on Zoom - so participants will need to access the Zoom app and stable working internet.