By using our website, you acknowledge and agree that you are at least eighteen years of age, legally competent, and that you are entering into a legally binding contract with myhobbycourses in respect to your use of the Website, which contract includes all Supplementary Terms. If you are an individual accepting this Agreement on behalf of an agency or entity or minor child, you warrant that you have the legal right to accept this Agreement on behalf of such agency or entity or minor child and that the agency or entity or minor child will also be bound by this Agreement.
Myhobbycourses.com provides an online platform that connects Learners with Tutors who offer courses of the Learners’ interests.
Myhobbycourses.com will handle any and all payments and payouts conducted through or in connection with the Site, Application or Services (“Payment Services”). Payment Services provided by myhobbycourses.com.
“Classes/Courses” means Learning Classes.
“Myhobbycourses.com - Content” means all Content that myhobbycourses.com makes available through the Site, Application, Services, or its related promotional campaigns and official social media channels, including any Content licensed from a third party.
“Collective Content” means Member Content and myhobbycourses.com Content.
“Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software (excluding the Application), audio, video, information or other materials.
“Learner” means a Member who requests from a Tutor a booking of a course via the Site, Application or Services.
“Tutor” means a Member who creates a Listing via the Site, Application and Services.
“Listing” means an course/class that is listed by a Tutor as available for booking via the Site, Application, and Services.
“Member” means a person who completes myhobbycourses’s account registration process, including but not limited to Tutors and Guests, as described under “Account Registration” below.
“Member Content” means all Content that a Member posts, uploads, publishes, submits, transmits, or includes in their Listing, Member profile or myhobbycourses.com promotional campaign to be made available through the Site, Application or Services.
“Tax” or “Taxes” mean any sales taxes, value added taxes (VAT), goods and services taxes that course providers may be required by law to collect and remit to governmental agencies.
1. Availability of the Website
The features and/or services and/or media displayed on the site may change or may be discontinued at any time, and without notice.
2. Overview of Services
We provide a platform whereby you will be able to search and discover new Hobbies – and - Extracurricular activity classes in the UK. We display profiles, activities, class schedule and class fee for Tutors located in UK along with tutor verifications and user reviews. Based on this, you will be able to search and discover classes in the location, activity and schedule of your choice.
4. Eligibility to Use the Website
By using the site, you represent and warrant that (1) all information you submit is truthful, current, complete and accurate; (2) Your use of the site does not violate any applicable law or regulation; And (3) you are at least 18 years of age or have received parental consent and supervision when using the site myhobbycourses.com which may, at its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, terminate your privilege to use this site for any other reason.
5. Registration by Learner and Tutor
- myhobbycourses.com requires all Users who wish to be listed on the website and avail any allied services to sign up for an account by completing all required fields on the respective registration web pages on the site.
- myhobbycourses.com requires all learners who wish to attend a free trial class of any of our Tutors and avail any allied services to sign up for an account by completing all required fields on the respective registration web pages on the site. For registering your account on our website, you might be required to input your login details for the website www.facebook.com. This measure is taken to establish the identity of our users and to help us in providing apt services to our users more efficiently. Additionally, we might extract any information from the users’ Facebook account which can be construed to be of ‘public’ nature according to the terms of service of www.facebook.com available at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms. We might collect information regarding any such public event and display them on our website. We shall not use your login details for making any declaration (Facebook post) of any nature through your Facebook account. Any user who has provided us with his Facebook login details but does not want to share any information with us would be required to classify such information as ‘private’ in accordance with the Data Policy of Facebook available at https://www.facebook.com/policy.php. We would not be held liable for inaccuracy of any information displayed by us on our website.
- myhobbycourses.com also reserves the right to refuse to approve a user account or terminate an existing user account with or without cause or notice (other than any notice required by applicable law and not waived herein) for any reason at any time.
- Additionally, myhobbycourses.com reserves the right to terminate accounts created by users who appropriate the name, e-mail address, or other personally identifiable information of another individual.
- myhobbycourses.com is not liable for any losses or damages incurred by you as a result of the termination of your account or refusal of the service.
- myhobbycourses.com and third parties acting on myhobbycourses.com’s behalf may send you e-mail notifications from time to time in order to inform you about important information regarding your use of the site and the Services. You may opt out from receiving such emails by selecting the “opt out” feature in each e-mail. However, even if you choose to use the “opt out” feature, it would be your responsibility to gather any information disseminated through such mails.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, username and all uses of your account regardless of whether you have authorized such uses. You shall not share your account with anyone else. You agree not to use the account, username or password of anyone else. You shall not disclose your password to anyone else. Users should not create multiple accounts to the services of our website under any circumstances. You agree to have only one account. You agree to exit from your account at the end of each session and to take all reasonable precautions to prevent others from using your account. You agree to notify myhobbycourses.com immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
6. Refund and Cancellation
- If you intend to cancel any activity class contacted/booked through us and seek refund of the payment, then you shall be required to follow-up with support.myhobbycourses.com and put in your request via writing in respect to the same.
- The cancellation and refund policy of each Tutor varies and Learners shall be liable to make themselves acquainted with the same prior to booking the class and any change in respect to the same.
- We shall provide arbitration assistance to Tutors in case a Learner requests for a refund from classes already delivered by the former.
- Any refunds made shall be subject to deduction of payment collection and payment gateway charges by us.
7. Payment Terms
- “Payment Method” means a payment method that you have added to your myhobbycourses Account, such as a credit card, debit card or PayPal.
- “Payout Method” means a payout method that you have added to your myhobbycourses Account, such as PayPal, direct deposit or a debit card (where available).
Appointment of myhobbycourses as Limited Payment Collection Agent for Tutor
- Appointment of myhobbycourses as Limited Payment Collection Agent for Tutor
- Each Tutor agrees that payment made by a Learner through myhobbycourses, shall be considered the same as a payment made directly to the Tutor, and the Tutor will make the Classes available to the Learner in the agreed-upon manner as if the Tutor has received the Classes Fees. Each Tutor agrees that myhobbycourses may, in accordance with the cancellation policy selected by the Tutor and reflected in the relevant Listing, refund the Learner that portion of the Classes Fees specified in the applicable cancellation policy. Each Tutor understands that myhobbycourses accepts payments from Learners as the Tutor’s limited payment collection agent and that myhobbycourses’ obligation to pay the Tutor is subject to and conditional upon successful receipt of the associated payments from Learners. myhobbycourses does not guarantee payments to Tutors for amounts that have not been successfully received by myhobbycourses from Learners. In accepting appointment as the limited collection agent of the Tutor, myhobbycourses assumes no liability for any acts or omissions of the Tutor.
7.1 Service Fees and Other Fees
- myhobbycourses collects the Service Fees charged by the myhobbycourses pursuant . Where applicable, myhobbycourses may also charge Taxes (such as VAT) in respect to the Tutor Fees and Learner Fees. myhobbycourses deducts the Tutor Fees from the Classes Fees before remitting the balance to the Tutor
- Balances will be remitted by myhobbycourses to Tutors via the Payout Method selected by the Tutor in the Tutor’s currency of choice, depending upon the selections the Tutor makes via the Site, Application and Services.
- myhobbycourses may, in its sole discretion, round up or round down amounts that are payable from or to Learners or Tutors to the nearest whole functional base unit in which the currency is denominated (e.g. to the nearest gbp, euro or other supported currency)
- Each party shall be liable to bear and pay all the applicable taxes in respect to the services provided by myhobbycourses.
- The Commissions and other charges payable to the Company are subject to review or revision as per the mutual discussion of the parties.
- Learners agree that myhobbycourses may charge their Payment Method the Total Fees for any booking requested in connection with their myhobbycourses Account.
- In connection with the Learners’ requested booking, they will be asked to provide customary billing information such as name, billing address and Payment Method information either to myhobbycourses or its third-party payment processor(s). Learners agree to pay myhobbycourses for any confirmed bookings made in connection with their myhobbycourses Account in accordance with these Payments Terms by one of the methods supported by the Site or Application (e.g. PayPal, credit card or debit card). Learners hereby authorize the collection of such amounts by charging the Payment Method provided as part of requesting the booking, either directly by myhobbycourses or indirectly, via a third-party online payment processor or by one of the payment methods described on the Site or Application. Learners also authorize myhobbycourses to charge any Payment Method in their myhobbycourses Account in the event of damage caused at any Classes
- If myhobbycourses is unable to collect any amounts Learners owe for a confirmed booking or a Damage Claim, myhobbycourses may engage in collection efforts to recover such amounts from the Learner. Learners hereby explicitly agree that all communication in relation to amounts owed will be made by electronic mail or by phone, as provided to myhobbycourses and/or myhobbycourses by the Learner. Such communication may be made by myhobbycourses or by anyone on our behalf, including but not limited to a third party collection agent.
- If a Learner owes or agrees to pay any amount via myhobbycourses to myhobby courses tutors(whether as a result of bookings or actions as a User), then myhobbycourses may (but is not obliged to) withhold the amount owing to myhobbycourses from any payout amounts due to the Tutor, and use the withheld amount to set-off the amount owed by the Tutor to myhobbycourses.
- Please note that myhobbycourses cannot control any fees that may be charged to a Learner by his or her bank related to myhobbycourses’ collection of the Total Fees, and myhobbycourses disclaims all liability in this regard. Whatever Payment Method you use may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the applicable third-party service provider; please review such terms and conditions before using your Payment Method.
- myhobbycourses will collect the Total Fees from each Learner at the time of the booking request and will initiate payment of the Fees (less myhobbycourses’s Fees and any Taxes) to the Tutor during the 1st and 15th of every month. The time it takes for the Tutor to receive payouts may depend upon the Payout Method chosen by the Tutor. Some Payout Methods involve the use of third-party payment processors, who may impose their own additional charges for the use of their services on the Tutor, including by deducting their charges from the payout amount.
- With regards to the commission owed to us by the Tutors, the account will be reconciled at the mid and end of the month.
- The Tutor shall forthwith inform the Company in case of any issues in the payments received and both parties shall amicably settle any disputes in respect thereto.
- The Tutor must let us know that they have successfully delivered a class session for which
learners have signed up by either method
- Tutors should upload class attendance using mobile app interface or
- They should confirm successfully conducted session by emailing us directly at [email protected]
- The source email address must be your primary registered account on myhobby portal
7.2 Cancellation Fee and Refund Policy
- If, as a Learner, you cancel your class booking before subscribed class is started, (provided you abide by the cancellation term) myhobbycourses will cancel any pre-authorization to your Payment Method and/or refund any nominal amounts charged to your Payment Method in connection with the requested booking within a commercially reasonable time.
- If, as a Learner, you wish to cancel a confirmed class booking made via the Site, Application and Services, either prior to or after arriving at the Classes, myhobbycourses will refund Classes Fees and any other amounts charged to you only as permitted under the cancellation terms.
- If a Tutor cancels a confirmed booking made via the Site, Services, and Application, myhobbycourses will refund the Total Fees for such booking to the applicable Learner within a commercially reasonable time after the cancellation.
- If, as a Tutor, you cancel a confirmed booking, you agree that myhobbycourses may collect any cancellation fees imposed pursuant to the myhobbycourses Terms. Cancellation fees may be withheld from your future payouts or charged to the Payment Method on file in your myhobbycourses Account.
- If myhobbycourses decides for any reason that it is necessary or desirable to cancel a confirmed booking made via the Site, Application and Services pursuant to the myhobbycourses Terms, you agree that myhobbycourses and the relevant Learner or Tutor will not have any liability for such cancellations or refunds.
- If, as a Tutor, your Learner cancels a confirmed booking or myhobbycourses decides that it is necessary to cancel a confirmed booking, and myhobbycourses issues a refund to the Learner in accordance with the Learner Refund Policy or other applicable cancellation policies, you agree that in the event you have already been paid, myhobbycourses shall be entitled to recover the amount of any such Learner refund from you, including by subtracting such refund amount out from any future Classes Fees due to you.
- You, as a Tutor, will be bound by a contract with myhobbycourses.com for at least 12 months during your first year. You can advise us to close your account in case of financial difficulty or other reasons that would make you unable to provide your services. you can advertise your business using social media sites.
8. Registering for a Free Trial
- On registration you shall have access to all the information of all the Tutors listed and associated with us.
- You may then choose to register for a free trial class of any Tutor with us, based upon the location, time and type of activity, a Tutor and its Activity Class and Schedule for the same.
- We shall not be liable for the quality, performance standards, eligibility criteria etc. of the Tutor. It is the learner’s responsibility to ensure that the trial classes they wish to attend suit their needs.
- We shall not be liable in case the Tutor fails to commence the Trial Class as scheduled. You shall be liable to co-ordinate with the concerned Tutor in respect to any change in schedule, timing, facilities provided by him/her.
- We shall not be liable in case of any mistake or error on your part in selection of the Trial class and/or schedule of class and /or payment terms and /or duration and refund of fees paid in such a scenario shall be at the sole discretion of the Tutor and we shall not be liable for the same. You shall be expected to ensure that the Class you wish to enroll at suits your requirements in every aspect, including but not restricted to scheduling, pricing, terms of payment and quality of service provided.
- We shall not be liable for any misrepresentation and misconduct, by the Tutor and for any complaints in respect to services provided or agreed to be provided and you are required to make complaints in respect to the same directly to the Tutor.
9. Rules and Regulations
- You are required to check, understand and accept the rules and regulations, criteria, eligibility and terms of Tutor in respect to the activity class selected by you prior to making the payment.
- You agree and accept to book activity class through us, subject to rules and regulations, terms and conditions of concerned Tutor in respect to the activity class selected by you.
- You shall be liable in case of failure on your part to comply with rules and regulations, terms and conditions of concerned Tutor.
10. Tutor Representations
By registering as a Tutor, you warrant and represent that:
- You are an adult UK Citizen.
- You are operational and functional in the area of your expertise, and offer necessary coaching /training in respect to the same.
- You and your key employees are duly qualified and have sufficient expertise and experience in your concerned field.
- All information you provide to myhobbycourses.com is truthful, current, complete and accurate and you will update the information to maintain its accuracy.
- There are no legal or statutory enquiry /proceedings pending against you or your officer, bearers, for the professional misconduct, misrepresentation, cheating and/or any other criminal charges.
- You have never been ‘blacklisted’ by the Government of UK or any statutory authority.
- You will conduct the Activity Classes from the Place of Work as stated in registration form.
- The Place of Work has all basic necessary amenities as required by us for enlisting a class on our website.
- The Place of work offers proper and safe environment to conduct the necessary activity –cum- leisure activities.
- You shall ensure that necessary and proper hygienic conditions are maintained in the place of work.
- Tutor shall ensure that the charges displayed on the Website are inclusive of the Commissions, all applicable taxes and all the other related charges.
11. Learner Representations
By registering as a learner, you represent and warrant that:
- You are an UK Citizen, 18 years of age or older.
- All information you provide to myhobbycourses.com is truthful, current, complete and accurate and you will update the information to maintain its accuracy.
- Additionally, by using the Services you understand and agree that your use of the site and use or reliance upon any of the materials through the site is solely at your own risk.
12. Profile & Services
- The Tutor will provide us with his or herits detailed Profile and Class Schedule, along with the details of Place of Work and amenities therein with recent photos and other related details to be published on the Website. We might choose to collect photos, videos or any information pertaining to the Tutors through our agents. The Tutors are expected to fully cooperate with us in collecting such data.
- We shall strive to ensure that all the information pertaining to the Tutor, which is published on the Website, is true and accurate to the extent provided and represented by concerned Tutor. We are entitled to modify the content of your profile and other allied details on the Website at our sole discretion for the purpose of correcting typographical or grammatical errors making the content SEO friendly, or for any reason we deem fit.
- The Tutor will forthwith inform us regarding any change or modification in the Place of Work and the amenities therein and ensure that the said change or modification is displayed on the Website and conveyed to the Learner. We will not be liable if any such change or modification is not displayed on the Website and is conveyed wrongly to the Learner.
- The Tutor shall promptly inform us, in case of any mistake or error in its Profile, Photos, Place of Work and amenities therein and other allied details as published on the Website and ensure that the same are rectified promptly.
- If we are informed about any mistake or error in respect to Profile and other allied details published on the Website by the Tutor, then we shall take all necessary steps to correct the same in 3 working days.
- The Tutor will provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date details and relevant documents in respect to its professional and financial details.
- The Tutor shall not solicit any Learner/End User in his individual capacity and in such a manner so as to jeopardize the interests of the Company.
13.Use of information regarding the location of the user
When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide is with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. We collect such information primarily to ensure that we are able to provide our users with appropriate services in accordance with his geographic location.
We respect the privacy of our users and hence our users shall have the option to opt out of such GPS/Location related services. It should be noted that unless a user specifically opts out of such services or informs us that he does not wish his location information to be collected, it would be assumed that he consents to his location information being collected through any technique implemented by us.
14. Reviews and Rating
- You may review and rate the services, quality and facilities offered by the Tutors listed with myhobbycourses.com
- You are required to click on the necessary link on our website to post any opinion, view, review, or ratings.
- The opinion and views expressed by you should be your own and you should be authorized to post the same.
- You would be responsible for any opinions, views, reviews and rating posted by you and we shall not be liable for the same in any manner.
- We may at our own discretion display any opinions, views, reviews and rating posted by you on our website, blog etc. and we are authorized to stop the publication of the same at our sole discretion.
- The Tutor hereby authorizes the Company to gather the feedback, reviews, ratings from the Learners and the experts in the related field and use the same for advertising and promotional activities of the Company. We might use various algorithms to allot ‘points’ to classes or Tutors using parameters like quality of service, affordability, customer reviews, hygiene etc. It may be noted that Class providers shall not be privy to any algorithm or technique implemented by us to rate/allot points to the class/Tutor. The decision taken by us regarding such points shall be final and no disputes/complaints regarding the same shall be entertained by us.
- It shall be our sole discretion to decide the manner in which any feedback, reviews, ratings is to be displayed and for the duration for which the same will be displayed.
- We will merely collate such feedback, reviews and ratings and will not be liable for the contents therein and for any direct or indirect loss or damages resulting from the same.
- The Tutor will forthwith inform the company in case it observes any discrepancy or error in the feedback, reviews and ratings published on the website.
- You will encourage all your learners to forward their feedback, reviews, and ratings to the company in the manner prescribed on the website. The Company may from time to time carry out promotional activities by calling upon for feedback, reviews, and ratings from the Learners/ experts and you shall actively participate in all such activities and extend all possible co-operations for the same.
15. Methods of Operation
You authorize myhobbycourses, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to help verify or check your identity or prevent fraud. This may include asking you to provide a form of government identification (e.g. driver’s license or passport), your date of birth, and other information requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your email address, Payment Methods or Payout Methods; or attempting to screen your information against third party databases. myhobbycourses reserves the right to close, suspend, or limit access to the Payment Services in the event we are unable to obtain or verify any of this information.
18. Prohibited Users
- As a condition of your use of the site, you will not use the site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Access to Materials and the site from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited.
- Users are responsible for complying with all local rules, laws, and regulations including, without limitation, rules about intellectual property rights, the Internet, technology, data, email, or privacy.
- Your use of any of the materials other than those for approved commercial or non-commercial use is strictly prohibited.
- You may not use the site in any manner that in our sole discretion could damage, disable, overburden, or impair it or interfere with any other party’s use of the site.
- You may not intentionally interfere with or damage the operation of the site or any User’s enjoyment of it, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, worms, or other malicious code.
- You may not remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content accessible through the site, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the site. Crawling or scraping content posted to myhobbycourses.com is strictly not allowed and strong action shall be taken against such activities.
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site, or any part of it, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the site, or any part of it, through hacking, password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the site or any activities conducted on the site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the site.
- You agree neither to modify the site in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the site, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the site.
- The site may contain robot exclusion headers. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the site for any purpose without our expressed written permission or bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the site.
- You may not utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other IPR Materials without our expressed written consent.
- You may not use any Meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the name of the site or associated trademarks without our express written consent.
- You may not deep-link to the site and will promptly remove any links that we find objectionable in its sole discretion.
- You may not send junk mail to other Users, including, but not limited to unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures.
- You will not display and publish information which:
- Is unlawful, defamatory, harassing, inciting, threatening, hateful, harmful, bigoted, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable;
- Interferes with another user’s rights to privacy;
- Encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation;
- Contains any personally identifiable information about another use without that person’s expressed consent;
- Uses false or misleading e-mail addresses or attempts to disguise the origin;
- Posts any trademarks, logos, copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the authorization of the owner;
- Posts any materials that may damage the operation of a computer (such as a virus worm or Trojan horse);
- Advertises or sells any goods or services
19. Copyright Rules
myhobbycourses.com owns all material and content of this site. Y,you understand that all the material and contents on this website are subject to the Copyright Notice as displayed on the website. By accepting the terms of this Agreement, you agree to abide by the terms of the Copyright Notice.
20. Limitations of Liability
You understand and hereby agree that, except as otherwise expressly stated and to the extent applicable by law, in no event will myhobbycourses.com and its affiliates be liable to you or any other party for any damages, including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, regardless of the nature or basis of the claim, resulting from any use of the site, or the contents thereof or of any hyperlinked website including without limitation any lost profits, business interruption, loss of data, failure of performance, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus or equipment or network failure or otherwise,. You understand/ agree that your use of the site is conditioned upon your waiver of any right against myhobbycourses.com and its affiliates or to participate in any class action suit for damages or losses resulting from your use of this site.
21. Partner Services Rules
The site may provide links to third-party websites or services and may link you automatically to sponsors or third-party’s websites or services. We provide such links solely as a convenience to you. We do not maintain, review, endorse or take responsibility for the content, products, services or other materials of linked sites. You understand and accept that you take full responsibility for your use of third-party websites or services.
22. Violations and Termination of membership
Your registration is liable to be terminated and account is liable to be blocked in case of breach or violation of any of the terms and conditions set-out herein.
23. User Communications Rules
Under this User Agreement, you consent to receive communications from the site electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would if they were in the form of hard copies.
24. Resolution of Conflicts
This User Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the UK without regard to its conflict of law’s provisions. You agree that any disputes or claim arising out of or in connection with this User Agreement shall be adjudicated in UK. The Website is hosted and operated in, and made available from UK. Those who choose to access the Website do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Website's availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
25. Entire Agreement between
This User Agreement constitutes the complete and entire understanding and agreement between MyHobbycourses and you in connection with your use of this Website, hyperlinks to the site and the content and software displayed on the site.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, legal notices shall be served on the site’s national registered agent or to the email address you provide to the site during the registration process. Notice shall be deemed to be given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided during the registration or purchase process. In such case, notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.